Monday, December 23, 2013

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

That time of year when I convince hubby to go for a drive and look at Christmas lights.  Was a beautiful night last night, just after a storm with 30 cm of snow.  With Christmas music playing on the radio, we just went for a drive around the area and looked at all the pretty lights.  I love looking at houses at night and wondering what all the families are doing inside.  A kitchen light on, makes me think of Mother and daughter baking Christmas cookies with flower and sprinkles all over the counter.  A light in a living room on and I think of a family sitting around the TV watching It's A Wonderful Life.  A light on in a bedroom and I think of a young boy reaching under his bed and pulling out that special present he bought for his Mom, and looking for some wrapping paper and using masking tape to wrap it.  Most of all I think of  my Dad and Mom and my grandparents that made sure my childhood was filled with love and laughter.  May your holidays be filled with unforgettable memories.












No comments:

Post a Comment