Monday, April 23, 2012

Another week gone by and I still haven’t gotten very far with my quilting. This weekend on Saturday went up to a trailer we have a bit south of us. In Quebec trailer parks are used like summer homes, only open during the summer. Ours will officially open the weekend of May 11th, but you can go into the park on the weekends before it opens, but no electricity or running water. We don’t have a generator so it isn’t the best idea, and this weekend was rainy and cold, so we only stayed up there for an hour or two, then hubby and I both came down with a cold on Sunday. I love the trailer it’s a place to get away to, like camping, there is an add on at the front of the trailer, this pic was taken last summer, I had to crochet this blanket to go onto the couch.
I'm still working on my Hexagon quilt.  I am taking a little break as I want to make a table runnner for the small table we have at the trailer, I want to do it in Hexagons, and finish it, as I want to get an idea of how I will finish the quilt.  this table runner is made from a jelly roll I bought at Walmart of yellow and blacks.  Some of theses colors also are in the lagre quilt.  the trailer's add on is not finished in the inside.  After we had it built its 12 x 23 roughly I couoldn't decide how to finish the inside, no matter what you did you would always see the trailer wall, and aI didn't want it to be like a house.  So I bought grey and black sheets and hung them up around the walls.  I have a grey/black sheet left over and I think I will use this for the back to the runner and the trim.  Here is a pic of the runner i'm working on when finished it will be 5 hexagons by 24 hexagons.  The picture of it is taken at my desk at work, I always bring something to work on during my lunch hours.  Just ignore my computers I'm a computer geek in my none quilting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment